well the recording control is where you unmute the mic.
know this though you can only have the stereo mix or the mic on at the same
time.
unlike the old analog cards like soundmax where you could use the mic and
stereo mix at once you can't anymore.
 the input and output devices are split the output is in the main controler the
input is on the recording controler.