To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] file format for MOTA sounds

well we are behind on sizes for sighted games, at full some of these can take at least 4 gb as standard size, maybe less but at least 1 or 2 gb.
Some are more like 6-10gb for a big game.
demos are atleast 1gb if not more.
most of that is graphics, still.
Its time we try to stay with it.
the lowest game size is around 500mb these days.
I used to think like 1mb being quite large, but then the games were 60-300kb each.
not to much but in that time it was loads bigger.
Oh and with sighted games that say are a gb they can expand to maybe 20 or more with expantion packs, mods, etc.
so 125 aint big.
I think with the acception of teraformas, the bavisoft stuff which is 400 each, and mudsplat, we probably don't have anything to worry about with game sizes.