You mean that Windows 3.11 won't operate your games??  Aw!  Nuts!  (grin)
- - -
A taxpayer voting for a Democrat is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] file format for MOTA sounds

Hi Cory,
I don't really think that was Che's point. Weather someone uses sound encryption or not DirectX DirectSound only supports PCM wav files. While it might be nice to use some popular compression formats like wma, ogg, mp3 it isn't necessary when we are looking at 100 to 500 gig hard drives, high speed internet, etc which are becoming more and more prevelant with most blind gamers. Yeah, i do know in some countries they still have paid downloads, perhaps can't afford to get the latest and greatest computers, etc but we can't always design a game or software product based on the least up to date or equipped person either. It is sort of like I know there are still a few blind computer users running Windows 98/ME. That's fine if that is what they have, but since most people have at least Windows XP and several now have Vista that is my primary target group. Since 98/ME isn't well supported by newer versions of DirectX, the .NET Framework, etc I'm not going to go out of my way to downgrade everything to support an operating system no longer officially supported by Microsoft and the majority of software companies out there. Same goes for older computers and dial up access. It is really a technology that is passed its prime,and is dying out very fast. I suspect that even current dialup users and those running older systems will eventually be forced to upgrade as the demands for newer systems and high speed internet becomes an essential necessity for todays computing environment. Most companies assume you must upgrade someday, and the way technology is changing that is a realistic expectation. What we see as change today is the standards of tomorrow.
Smile.