yup think we have to move away from keyboard only
i us a netbook for windows though now so would have to buy a controler

On 20 Mar 2009, at 17:49, Che wrote:

The way I am thinking right now, the right hand would be used to draw the combination shape, such as a rainbow shape for a roundhouse kick. The left would be used to modify the combination. So if you did a roundhouse combo with right control, then hit down on left, it would do a foot sweep, up on left would kick towards head, etc.
It could be done with one of the following controller setups:
1. Game pad with analog sticks. Draw the rainbow with right stick, hold down on left. 2. Wii controllers, draw rainbow with right, pull down on nunchuck with left. 3. Mouse and keyboard. Draw shape with mouse, press d key to modify down. D would be down, e up, s left and f right. Notice this leaves no room for keyboard only input. I realize I could allow the keyboard user to draw a rainbow shape with j i l. but this is way too easy to do compared to what the users of other controllers would have to pull off, and not fair to the non keyboard folks out there.
Thoughts?
Che

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Kadlik" <ckadl...@verizon.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Blood money Online fighting

This has some potential maybe?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steady Goh" <stea...@gmail.com>
To: "Che" <c...@blindadrenaline.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org >
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:47 AM

Che, your plans on the wii mote actions is far more complicated than I thought. Now I understand why is it that is difficult to translate them into key strokes. In fact, the mouse alone wouldn't be sufficient to do all those I think. Game controllers is the way to go. I hope you won't make it like wii boxing which is totally motion bassed. You know, we have 12 hours differences. If it is like wii boxing, I might have to exercise and sweat at 2 3 am over here. hahaha! Maybe I played mortal kombat a lot and got used to the way it works, I personally prefer a combination of both. What they does is, punch kick combos are done by pressing the d pad in a specific sequence whereas special power moves are pulled out by swinging the wii remote. Fatalities are done by swinging both the wii remote and nunchuck. I still can't constantly excicute the fatalities right yet.

Ok, I am thinking very far ahead now, but consider this. the features of blood money already sounds as good as the mainstream fighting games. If it goes well, you might want to explore the possibility of hiring someone to add in graphics and make it the first title to be converted from accessible game for the blind to a mainstream game.

锦发/Steady Goh
----- Original Message -----  From: Che