I'll see you when we're both there, then. It's not what you read or play, but what you do with it that counts. How many people read horoscopes in newspapers that don't believe them? There are plenty. How many people read the Harry Potter series and play games based on it that actually believe in witchcraft? There are plenty. These are not bad, deranged, misled, or corrupt people. Kids who dress up as devils for Halloween are not Devil worshipers. It's known as fun, just as the games are. As long as you are able to separate fact from fiction, as long as you do not allow fiction to become nonfiction in your life, I see no problem. For kids, learning the separation line is where parenting comes in. Going overboard hurts, rather than helps, the situation.

---
Gun control only controls the guns of lawful citizens while placing them in control of the unlawful ones. ----- Original Message ----- From: "kelby carlson" <kelbycarl...@usfamily.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games and religion

I can say, as a Conservative evangelical, that I am absolutely sickened by what Nicol just related. There's idolatry, then there's just fun and stories (which, really, is what a lot of video games are--stories.) I just do not understand the attitude of some religious folks that if you read a supernatural book, watch violent television or the like then you're automatically a horrible person. Well guess what? I read and love Harry Potter. I also make it a hobby to study mythology and world religions. Oh well then, I guess I'm headed straight for Hell.

Kelby

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---