From: Charles Rivard [mailto:woofer...@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:25 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] games and religion

I'll see you when we're both there, then.  It's not what you read or play,
but what you do with it that counts.  How many people read horoscopes in
newspapers that don't believe them?  There are plenty.  How many people read

the Harry Potter series and play games based on it that actually believe in
witchcraft?  There are plenty.  These are not bad, deranged, misled, or
corrupt people.  Kids who dress up as devils for Halloween are not Devil
worshipers.  It's known as fun, just as the games are.  As long as you are
able to separate fact from fiction, as long as you do not allow fiction to
become nonfiction in your life, I see no problem.  For kids, learning the
separation line is where parenting comes in.  Going overboard hurts, rather
than helps, the situation.

---
Gun control only controls the guns of lawful citizens while placing them in
control of the unlawful ones.