then don't bother I actually am getting used to saving games.
At 10:36 a.m. 4/05/2009, you wrote:
>Hi Ryan,
>Actually, when I originally came up with the idea for Mysteries of the
>Ancients I never intended it to be a side-scroller or arcade game to begin
>with. When I found out I wasn't going to be able to release Montezuma's
>Revenge do to copyright issues I began working on Tomb Hunter Mysteries of the
>Ancients. When I announced the new game would be a 3d FPS title instead of a
>classic side-scroller I got quite a lot of heated replies back on the subject.
>Some felt I was being dishonest or at the very least I would be creating a
>game they neither wanted or paid for etc. So the compromise was to add the
>arcade mode into the Genesis Engine, something I absolutely hated from the
>start, and modify the engine to handle 2d side-scroller levels instead of a
>full 3d environment. That really soured me on the project from the outset, and
>i decided when creating the cross platform engine to remove everything I
>didn't like about the Windows Engine. Now, that I have decided to port
>Mysteries of the
Ancients over to Mac OS it appears most of the people are in favor of putting
all that code back into the engine. I can do it, but it will take time adding
all that extra code, and it will take time yanking every single line of it back
out when the game is released. Sorry about the rant, but I'm not overly
thrilled about adding code in to my game engine, and then have to spend just as
much time yanking it all out again a few months later. It is fairly well known
that i am not a huge fan of arcade games these days, and what I really want is
a good high quality Ferst Person Shooter, and I've been denied that all thanks
to taking orders for a game I can not legally create now.