Thomas,
how about this. You complete the game, make it available for purchase, then offer a patch in the future that contains the arcade mode for those who want it. that should hopefully make everyone happy.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Arcade mode.

Hi Will,
Oh, how I wish it were that simple. Fact is James North and I did charge money for Montezuma's Revenge, and it wasn't the end users fault I was told to stop production on that game by the current copyright holders. Since refunding everyones money wasn't possible I ended up stuck between a rock and a hard place. I couldn't refund the customers' money, and I couldn't legally complete Montezuma's Revenge. I feel the customer should get something close to what they paid for, but I also have personal feelings, ideas, and interests that I might have to sacrofice to deliver a game along those lines. The fact that customers paid me up front for a game is a contract of trust between customer and developer alike. I simply can't ignore their interest for an arcade mode even though I personally dislike the feature myself. However, i don't have to decide right now.
Smile.

william lomas wrote:
yeah i wouldn't bother. It was only because of a select few that you couldn't make your intended game in the first place some people are just never grateful for what others do for them. if they want the game they paid for, program it themselves and stop moaning