Hi,
If I knew how to disable that system menu I certainly would. I've looked through all of my C# .NET materials and can't find any documentation how to remove the system menu from the screen. As for moving to the Java platform it wasn't too bad. I already had Genesis 3D ported to Java 6 so porting the game over was fairly simple, and only took about a week of editing and debugging. The bigger problem is that the engine needs some serious proformence tuning and editing to operate as well as Beta 4. I've noticed the game is a massive memory hog when it is running when I tested it on low memory systems like an old laptop I have laying around here 256 MB was definitely not enough. I constantly get out of memory errors, and sometimes I get that error on 512 MB systems in a room full of items and monsters. So I have been doing a lot of work making the game run faster, lighter, and better. Mainly instead of depending on Java's garbage collecter I've taken memory management into my own hands and that seams to be giving me improvements already. I just need to locate were all the major bottlenecks are and kill them.

Munawar Bijani wrote:
Hi Tom,
That's odd. I've never had trouble with the Alt key in DirectInput...I wonder if it was a Managed DirectX issue. Either way, you can probably disable the "system" menu pulldown so that there's no menu bar to go to in the first place. Smile. I'm glad to hear Java is working out for you, that was indeed a huge switch!
Munawar A. Bijani
"Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
http://www.bpcprograms.com