Is there any reason why you're thinking of binding jump modifier to
alt instead of control?  Makes sense in my mind if they're bound to
ctrl, its one less thing to remember when making the transition to
playing with a mouse.  I was thinking that perhaps you could bind
either the jump or sprint modifier to the middle mouse button (the
wheel clicks for that even on most two button mice I think?) to give
more of an emphasis on using the mouse in combat.  Which one people
use more out of jumping ducking and sprinting I guess we won't know
until the replies come in, but for me it's more about jumping and
ducking in combat.

hth
Scott