Hi Charles,
Actually, I don't think coming up with fresh ideas is the problem, but the trouble is coming up with a fresh idea that sells. Not everyone can come up with a story line that is in the league of Star Trek, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Final Fantacy, etc. I'm pretty sure when George Lucas came up with Star Wars and J.K. Rolling came up with Harry Potter they had no idea that their ideas would sell like crazy. Just a person with the right idea at the right time. Anyway, the goal of a successful game developer is to create that perfect game. One that everyone is interested in trying, bying, and playing. A remarkably good story line, that hooks the customers imagination, is a big part in adding interest in a game. At least it has been a selling point for me.

Charles Rivard wrote:
As for game creation ideas, I think of it this way: How long have games for the blind been produced and by how many companies? Compare this with the number of companies that have been producing games for the sighted and the period of time they have been doing so. Fresh ideas are bound to be hard to come by. It's not because of a lack of creativity.