Yes, mach 1 was also my first audio game, and I couldn't imagine that there could exist something better, although I was always wanting a fighting game for the blind people and something similar. Then some of you might remember, I was often asking on the freedom chat if there is any other game for the blind... Yes, I started thinking aloud, anyway, just to let Jim know that your game was my first audiogame... :) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Munawar Bijani" <munaw...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] there was one game this year

Hi Jim,
I thinkt he only way to really know just how difficult it is to put together a game is being a developer or co-developer of the title. Unfortunately, there is no linearly increasing equation for the amount of hours you put in to a title and the net worth of the game as seen by the end-user. The worth, in hours, is only really charished by the person or people doing the dirty work--writing algorithms, spending hours coding and recoding, researching how to do X with Y results, sound designing, etc. The end-user gets a nice pretty environment with sounds and good game play, where bugs are unacceptable as if we just wave wands and these games come zooming out of a bunch of binary numbers. Smile. From my perspective, racing games as in Mach I are one of the most difficult to make, because simulating a track can be extremely daunting, so good job with what you've done. In fact, I think you had one of the first racing games out there for blind people--at least from what I remember. I played the first version of Mach I when I was about twelve or thirteen years old, and this is when Lone Wolf was still getting a name in the market.
Munawar A. Bijani
"Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
http://www.bpcprograms.com