I should also add here, that for the outsider that doesn't see all the work,
etc it sometimes feels like loads more time has gone passed without a release.
sometimes thats true but more often its probably not.
everyone has their lives, and we forget things.
I also do this.
At 02:29 a.m. 17/08/2009, you wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>I thinkt he only way to really know just how difficult it is to put together a
>game is being a developer or co-developer of the title. Unfortunately, there
>is no linearly increasing equation for the amount of hours you put in to a
>title and the net worth of the game as seen by the end-user. The worth, in
>hours, is only really charished by the person or people doing the dirty
>work--writing algorithms, spending hours coding and recoding, researching how
>to do X with Y results, sound designing, etc. The end-user gets a nice pretty
>environment with sounds and good game play, where bugs are unacceptable as if
>we just wave wands and these games come zooming out of a bunch of binary
>numbers. Smile. From my perspective, racing games as in Mach I are one of the
>most difficult to make, because simulating a track can be extremely daunting,
>so good job with what you've done. In fact, I think you had one of the first
>racing games out there for blind people--at least from what I remember. I pl
ayed the first version of Mach I when I was about twelve or thirteen years old,
and this is when Lone Wolf was still getting a name in the market.