From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org
[mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Ward
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 6:42 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mainstream game accessibility

Hi,
I have to agree with you. Recently there has been some talk
about a car
that can drive itself, and of course the media felt this
might be a
revolutionary breakthrough for groups such as the blind who
can not
drive cars. In the medias eyes this is big news. However,
the fact that
GMA, Jim Kitchen, or myself are working on accessible games
for the
blind aren't even worth a mentioning on the back page of
your average
news paper most of the time.
What media attention we do get from time to time is often
there for a
quick "wow" responce and is quickly forgotten. Frankly, the
general
public doesn't care, and generally is unconcerned about
blind
accessibility issues like this.

ChB wrote:
> Frankly the public does not care if a blind person is able
> to play video games, so the media interest would be non
> existent. I think you'd get more media attention if you
> partioned to car developers complaining about not being
able
> to drive then you do if you complain about video game
> accesibility. I hate that fact as much as anyone, as I had
> played games from the days of old nintendo nes when I
still
> had sight.
> chrissy

we
> do it for free at first and wait.
> we also need some media recognition and this means doing
> something big.
> taking in mind that media can both damage and help as well
> as hinder though we would have to be carefull.
> ofcause its hit and miss.
> and time and other things, hmph but I think its feesable.
> in theory at least.
> At 04:40 a.m. 17/08/2009, you wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh,
>> The suing part requires money not many of us can dish
out.

> As for blackmail, well, they have advanced blocking
features
> because I'm sure they deal with that kind of stuff every
> day. It's easy to ignore spam mail--just press your delete
> button. What are you going to tell them, "make it
accessible
> or else?" They'll just laugh in your face "we're a multi
> billion dollar company, a petty $5,000 lawsuit won't dent
> us. Good bye." Throwing tantrums gets you nowhere in
today's
> times.
>
>> Munawar A. Bijani
>> "Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard
>>
> knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali
Ibn
> Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
>
>> mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
>> http://www.bpcprograms.com
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh"
>>
> <jkenn...@gmail.com>

sick

> of us and take them to court over it and sue them. If we
are
> an insect that can be swatted out of the way, then lets
make
> ourselves look big, huge, gigantic! lets make a program
that
> sends them emails and does automated calling to the
> companies once per week or once per month which reminds
them
> we will not go away and we will not stand for their
> rudeness!
>
>>> Josh
>>>
>>> Join me on klango at www.klango.net visit and sign my
>>>
> petition at:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/coda1234/petition.html
>
>>> and visit my blog at: http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net
>>>
> follow me on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/jkenn337
>
>>> ---

>>> You can make changes or update your subscription via the
>>>
> web, at

>>> All messages are archived and can be searched and read
at