From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]
On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 10 September 2009 18:14
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] My Thoughts: Re: the Jehovah's witnesses
viewpointon gaming

Hi,
That's just another example of how diverse opinions can be between
Christian groups,  and why we should be careful not to paint everyone
with the same brush. I've read that J.K. Rowling is suppose to be a
Christian, but yet some Christians revile her for writing Harry Potter.
There doesn't seam to be any rational or logical reasoning behind such a

diverse opinion like that other than the fact some people are more
liberal, open minded, and others see everything in shades of black and
white. Weather or not the Harry Potter books, games, movies, and toys is

actually evil, Satanic, whatever is completely subjective. That's why I
think such decisions have to be personal, and someone should base
his/her opinion on facts and good research rather than on assumptions.

The fact of the matter is there are plenty of good moral lessons found
in each of the Harry Potter books worth teaching our children. In the
Deathly Hallows Harry rescues Drako from certain death even though Drako

really didn't deserve being rescued. However, because Harry was good, a
caring person at heart, he put his own safety on the line to save an
enemy. That shows good moral character, and is worth passing on to our
kids. never mind if the books have magic, people use spells, etc good
values are good values no matter in what medium is used to pass them on
weather it is a game, book, or movie.

Darren Harris wrote:
> And yet the author of LOTR himself was a christian and interweeved a
> lot of his beliefs into the whole story. So I don't quite get that
> one.

subscription via the web, at
list, please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. No virus found in
09/10/09 11:29:00