Hi,
Yeah, I think cost has a lot to do with why stand up coin operated arcade machines are on the decline. They are still around, but I often don't let my son play them because they cost too much to play very many games. I've seen some that are like 50 cents and plenty of games that costs as much as a dollar per game. For that price back in the 1980's I could have had four games for the price of one. Now, that I am the responcible adult I can't see throwing money away on arcade games. It would be different if they were still 25 cents and I could buy four games for a dollar instead of one game for a dollar.

Darren Harris wrote:
Yeah but it's more like $1 now to play or something very near that mark.
Those games aren't fun any more because of the price.