Yes, I know what you mean. The other big problem is that when a game would eat your tokens, or if it was broken, that was pretty much it. You either waited a few weeks to see if they fixed the problem of see if they replaced it with some other game. I think the worst thing about arcade games is that if someone is sick, and then get their germs all over the controls. It is a really easy way to spread the flu or cold. The pinball games were always second fiddle to me because they were all basically the same thing. On top of that, a lot of the game play was pure luck, and had nothing really to do with skill. With a video game, you could pracitce to get better to beat the game, but how do you practice against a metal ball slidding in between your flippers, or against the ball going down the wrong chute to lose your turn for no other reason then just because physics sent it there. Other then tilting the machine, the only other way I can see to make sure the machine gives you your quarters worth is to send in trained hamsters to go inside the game and have them catch the ball and roll it into one of your flippers. grin.

al