To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Silverlight accessible or not?

If this turns out to be accessible, I'll be a happy man indeed.
On Oct 10, 2009, at 4:21 AM, dark wrote:

Hi.

poking around the project.aon forums, I discovered someone has created an online application to automate playing of lone wolf gamebooks. This means no more stat and item keeping, looking up numbers on tables, rolling dice or long drawn out combats.

In fact it would make the Lonewolf series function essentially like the fighting fantasy project stuff.

For a long while there has been a java application called 7th sense which does this, however sinse I can't read anything with Hal above the title, it's a bit of a none starter, ---- especially as while some Java applications can be incredibly screen reader friendly, when they're not, they're not! and nothing short of a complete rewrite will fix them.

So, I was intreagued to here about this online version. The only trouble is it apparently uses the Ms silverlight web addon.

I've heard a couple of bad things about silverlight, ---- but is this dependent upon the webpage and design, or implicitely part of silverlight itself.

Being as the Lw books are already html text, I'd theoretically assume all Silverlight would need to do is handle all the backgrounds stats etc, ---- but is this wrong?

have other silverlight driven projects proved utterly impossible?

Any information would be appreciated.

Beware the Grue!