Hi Thomas,
I think people are confused when you use the Heather synthesized SAPI voice to record what is said in the game. To get a human to sound as consistent in rate, volume and lack of background noise would take weeks if not months of sound studio work instead of the few minutes to have the SAPI voice recorded to sound files. Plenty of people asked where I got the voices in my games so much that I finally made a list of them in the instructions.
I think Heather was voted by a game magazine as the most popular voice.

Phil