now I like monkey business. I have beaten the game it it is personally one of my favorite games out there. I love the 3d sound effects and find the difficulty the greatest part about it. I would love to see more games like that.
Kellie and my lovable Lady J.
Resident Adviser, Guide Dogs for the Blind Oregon campus
www.guidedogs.com
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 10:29 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] 3D navigation

Hi.

to me, the difficulty of a 3D game depends entirely upon how good the navigation tools in that particular game are.

Monkey business, i have to admit, I'm actually absolutely appauling! at and have never made it through the Jungle stage successfully. I just find the navigation used in that game extremely imprecise, as to pointing out objects, and spend most of my time running into walls uncertain of where I am.

the games produced with the Gma engine, ---- and indeed Terraformers however, are a vastly different story.

The precise nature of audio to in game objects with turn indicators etc, the use of various viewing tools like the list view, or the 360 and streight ahead scans, ---- the precise nature of object indication sounds and the ability to have objects in range listed by catagory using the monster view, ---- not to mention of course some great sonar for targiting (though the audio precision in the Gma engine is quite useable as it is).

All of these contribute to making 3D navigation not only possible, ---- but considderably easy.

I'm fairly certain that however complex the environment, Tom will be able to utilize tools to compensate, ----- actually I personally think the view function in 2D mota makes the game a litle too easy when calculating jumps (though I'm certainly not saying it should be removed or changed, ---- just illustrating Tom's ability to create really good ease of use tools for his games.

I'd therefore really encourage people who've felt 3D frustration not to be put off 3D entirely, ---- and especially not by monkey business.

Beware the grue!

dark.