Hello Tom.

Well as I said, I'm not the best person to answer this at all.

the colour and shape aspects of visualization are certainly ones I understand, ---- having enough vision to see such things, though spacially I cannot.

I remember routes in a different way.

thus for instance, to get from my flat to the nearest corner shop I walk up the driveway (recognizeable by it's white metal railing up the edge), turn right and follow the road until I get to the end where I can see the large red brick wall of Durham prison.

I then turn left, cross the road and walk forward, passed a wooden fence and some buildings, until I get to the end of the buildings and some yellow tactile paving at which point i can turn right, cross another road, and walk streight forward, ---- passed a large entrance way, to get to the shop.

I'll know I am there by A, the smell, B, the rush of air from the door, and C, the white bank building with the large metal cash machine on the side which is just before the door to said shop.

I'll use similar methods in Shades or any other game, and thus far it's only in Monkey business where I've found they fail me.

As I said though, i'm not the person to ask on either visionless navigation, or, ---- spacial understanding.

though I find such matters interesting from a philosophical perspective (I wrote an essay on sensary functionalism and synaesthesia for my masters), i'm not precisely experienced in them, and it's probably better to ask someone else.

I also suspect the brain damage I suffered (which was due to premature birth complications rather than a genetic abnormality), is most likely not the cause of other people's spacial issues.

I believe though, if your modeling your engine on the navigational features found in the gma engine, there will be no hastle either way.

Despite my spacial orientation difficulties, I've never had issues using land marks with the Gma engine at all, ---- it's only really Monkey business which has been beyond me.

beware the gruie!

Dark.

Actual relations betwene any of these places are literally impossible for me to say. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>