I deffinately understand that Tom.

My friend during his masters in I/t was actually required to program several games as exercises, including pingpong and the 23 sticks game.

I completely understand when developers have to do this sort of thing as practice, ---- that's whyy i try to be encouraging with feedback of such things.

At the same time though, finding ways to make that type of game interesting isn't hard.

Take Lighttech interactive for example. Their first two games were a guess the number game, and the turn based horse racing game, ---- both of which are symple, but were produced for them to get the idea of how things worked.

Nevertheless, they tried to make the games appealing, as well as being exercises, including interesting sounds, and some random obstacles in the horse racing game, ---- pluss they later went back and modified it to be more interesting.

There is also the possibility of programming games, ----- even symple ones, which we currently don't have access to.

I can think of a number of card games with very symple rules which would probably be no harder to program than black jack or poker, ---- 31s (also called stop the buss), rummy or prediction whist, ---- which would also be good games to play in themselves.

Then of course, there's producing arcade style games which do not boyle down to glorified boppit, but at the same time aren't precisely complex either.

Look at Liam's egg hunt games as an example (though I know he's sinse modified those too).

all this being said, if someone programmed a blackjack game, stated it was an exercise as asked people to test it, ---- that would be fine with me.

My problem is specifically with those developers who try and make money, ---- or palm off games which are essentially the same as what we already have.

I admit, there fortunately aren't many of these.

Then again, ----- maybe it's just that i have a more wide ranging perspective on accessible games in general given my involvement with audiogames.net.

Beware the grue!