And the game presents it like they are cute little creatures out to have fun
kind of. I noticed phrases like poor little q9 and stuff like that in the
manuals. That seems to make things more fun since it was actually fun just
reading the manual, lol.----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:48 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Q9 action game, my opinion.

  Hi Dark,
  Yeah, the original Mortal Kombat was very cartoonish when it came to
  gore. Nevertheless there are those people out there that flip out over
  any kind of violence in games, blood and gore, and think that we should
  not give such games to our kids.
  Consider, for example,  the article Nicol posted to this list that
  basically said that playing such games was ungodly behavior, that games
  like that lead young children away from Christ, etc. The entire article
  was poorly researched, and I found the so-called evidence in that
  article unconvincing.
  Still it is a reminder that some games will always cross some boundries
  and will be socially unacceptable to some people for one reason or
  another. It isn't possible to create a game like Double Dragon or Mortal
  Kombat without getting some kind of negative feedback from the public.
  Some parents, psychologists, and religious people are very concerned
  over the amount of violence in video games. They feel the violent nature
  of games have gone too far, but there just as many people who don't care
  or worry about it.
  When it comes to a game like Q9, eh, don't worry about it. The violence
  is pretty tame all things considdered. It is no where as violent or gory
  as say Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and
  plenty of other games I can think of. In fact, you don't even have to
  think about killing the creatures in the game. It is designed in such a
  way that a person can think of knocking them out with the club or rocks
  instead of outright killing them if they have a thing about killing animals.

  dark wrote:
  > Ah Tom, funny you mention double dragon.
  >
  > now i think about it i was playing double dragon and International
  > Karate pluss at the age of 5 on our old amstrad computer, ---- before
  > I lost the sight of my right eye, I only mention mortal combat because
  > I remember the huge controversy when it was released and the removal
  > of all the blood from the Snes version (well, it actually stil has
  > blood, the blood is merely coloured grey), which I found confusing at
  > the time sinse the violence in the original Mk is more cartoon gore
  > than anything else anbd not worse than you'd see in Tom and Gerry.
  >
  > of course, depending upon how much of a twisted evil psycho people
  > think i am now, that might influence what they think of children
  > playing so called violent games. grin!
  >
  > Beware the grue!
  >
  > Dark.

  Virus Database (VPS): 091118-1, 11/18/2009
  Tested on: 11/18/2009 7:28:48 PM