Hi Karl,

well, in my experience if you run the handy Windows upgrade cds over a previous copy of Windows things tend to break, and the operating system can get messed up in ways that are holy unexpected. That is one major reason whenever I decide to upgrade to a new version of Windows i reformat the drive and reinstall Windows from scratch using the new Windows installation cd. That way I know the operating system should run as intended, and there is no left over junk on the drive to mess up the upgrade.

I don't know if this has anything to do with Bryan's problem, but it would not be the first time an upgrade busted the operating system in some unexpected ways. Even Microsoft doesn't recommend using the upgrade cds they sell, but provide them for end user convenience, and for some systems that require special drivers that don't ship on the stock Windows cds.

Karl Belanger wrote:
Not sure why this happened, but I could never get classic Troopanum to work on
Vista either, after upgrading from XP. After I did a vista reinstall a few
weeks ago, the game works fine.
Karl