I've never messed around with the settings, and I still had an error.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Sherman" <squir...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota crashes unexpectedly

Hi,

Since this thread appeared, I might have been able to recreate this problem once just now. On the second level, room 5, the program crashed and kicked me out. An error reporting box might have come up, but I Just happen to hit enter at that exact time. So I was immediately dumped back to my desktop. SO I DON'T KNOW IF ONE APPEARED OR NOT.

However, in the past, when mota crashed, I did however catch what the problem was. When the error dialog box comes up, jaws comes out of sleep mode and reads the dialog box. One of the buttons says something like "What does this error report contain. Pressing space bar on that button makes the following information appear:

Tomb
Error signature
Event : clr20r3     P1 : tomb.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     P3 : 4b1d615c
P4 : microsoft.directx.directsound     P5 : 1.0.2902.0     P6 : 40eeb491
P7 : 246     P8 : 4d     P9 : system.argumentexception

This is the same thing I reported a few days ago. I have received this a few times since beta 9 came out. So, to be sure, I downloaded and installed the directx file from USA games site. Still getting the problem. However, I noticed that this problem only seems to occur when messing with the program setting. those that control the background ambience or music. any changes to these settings seems to cause a problem. If I get kicked out, and go back in, I have no problems. Unless I mess with those settings. And it seems to not matter whether turning the sounds on or off.

Can anyone else recreate this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
----- Original Message ----- From: Yohandy
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:25 PM

Ok I'd like to expand on this a bit. I just played the game some more now,
and the error only seems to occur if I switch to another open window or
minimize to the desktop. I tried minimizing to the desktop when the game
starts and it seems to crash. however if I restart the game and stay in the game's window it doesn't happen. this could've just happened to me randomly,
however some more testing is required. when you guys play, intentionally
switch windows, then go back to the game and play a bit. let us know what
happens.