From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 6:45 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] ending bosses in games

Hello Tom.
I completely understand the problem, but it strikes me there might be some
nice work arounds.

Generic person in armour sounds for instance, ---- ie, clanking footsteps
and ratling armour shouldn't I imagine be too much of a problem, ---- maybe
you just need an audio speech file where the person declares themselves the
raised spirit of hercules or something similar.

About unhuman monsters, you might be able to just wing things with generic
mixing. You could do cila, --- the six headed dog monster for instance by
mixing appropriate barks, ---- or caribdis with a low distorted croke and
bubling sound.

A hydra might be harder, ---- though going on the basis that it's a
reptillian creature with 5 heads, five mixed growls pitched differently
might help.

I was always amazed by the fact that the majority of the noises Chubaka in
the starwars films makes were apparently recordings from a brown bear at a
zoo, ---- and E T's breething was apparently a recording of the sound
designer's wife who had a severely bad cold and chest infection at the
time, ---- snoring!

obviously your the designer here, but I do sometimes wonder if something of
an old time radio approach to sounds in this way might be helpful, ----
particularly with fantasty creatures, just to get the most out of sound
libraries etc.

just tell me if I'm talking a load of rubbish though!

Beware the grue!