Hi Jim,
Oh, yeah. i remember that. Shades of Doom was really the first fully accessible First Person Shooter for the blind. I was quite impressed when it came onto the seen, and the fact he let us test the Alpha version of the game. Up until then all I could find is card and puzzle games, text adventures, which were not the kinds of games I normally played before I lost my sight. Anway, I joined the GMA list primarily because David Greenwood was more open with what he was doing than some of the others who were making games then.

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Yohandy,

It didn't used to be this way. I blame it all on David Greenwood. <grin> Back when it was PCS Games and me, we would put out games and people would play and comment on them. But then in 1999 - 2000 David Greenwood was working on the first accessable first person shooter game. He asked on list for suggestions and comments. It became a group effert. Every since then it is like all accessible games are group efferts. Not that it is all bad, I mean I have added lots of features and tweeks to my games from the suggestions of others. Oh yeah that game by the way was Shades of Doom.

BFN

    Jim