From: "Phil Vlasak" <p...@pcsgames.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:23 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Doom of DOS, was Triple J Shooter

Hi Jim,
Yeah, Shades of doom was also the doom of the DOS game.
Me and Carl were happy creating DOS games for the blind just like you were,
then Shades of Doom came along and all we heard from customers was do your
games work with Windows!
Come to think of it Windows 95 was the doom of games for DOS.
And when Carl tried to convert one of our DOS games to Windows, he got so
many errors he decided it wasn't worth the effort and stopped. Of course,
back then in 1999 Carl didn't have windows 95 or a windows 95 screen reading
program, so not only was he trying to write game for an operating system he
didn't know, he was using a screen reader that he was not comfortable with.
Yes Windows 98 was out but the screen readers were not quite ready yet for
it.
By the way our DOS games were written in Borland C plus plus for DOS.
So he was Couting everything to the screen.
grin.
Phil