Hi Thomas,

Yes, we are talking about the same 1982 Atari 2600 Missile Command game.  It
could have been a laser cannon, but I thought that they were missiles and that
was a missile trail that we saw so that we saw where they were going.  The main
reason that I thought that they were missiles was because when they got to
where you targeted they exploded if they hit the incoming missile or not.
Didn't figure that a laser would do that.  But I should also say that I never
ever read any of the game instructions or story.  Just popped that cartridge in
and started playing.

BFN

    Jim

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!