Hi Jim,
Hmmmm....I see. If I recall the main story behind Missile Command, at least the original one, it was suppose to be about an interplanetary war between Earth and Mars. You, the game player, were suppose to be commanding a high tech missile defence station, and shoot down the incoming alien missiles. I only remember the story somewhat because back in the 1980's some of the more popular games of that era had a few comic books or cartoons based on them. For example, remember the Packman Saturday morning cartoons?

Cheers!

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Yes, we are talking about the same 1982 Atari 2600 Missile Command game. It could have been a laser cannon, but I thought that they were missiles and that was a missile trail that we saw so that we saw where they were going. The main reason that I thought that they were missiles was because when they got to where you targeted they exploded if they hit the incoming missile or not. Didn't figure that a laser would do that. But I should also say that I never ever read any of the game instructions or story. Just popped that cartridge in and started playing.

BFN

    Jim

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

j...@kitchensinc.net