Another thought that just occurred is that, although some of the
mainstream titles are pretty playable, a fully accessible game in the
music genre would be an amazing timewaster for someone like me, and
perhaps not too tough for the developer.  My thinking being that one
of the open source efforts such as frets on fire already has so many
songs mapped out by users, if someone could come up with a way of
putting those cues across in audio to relieve at least partly the need
to memorise songs hit for hit, that'd be sweet.  I realise that
people, me included when I dabble from time to time at friend's
places, have had pretty good success with the mainstream titles, but
the ability to have a fully accessible career mode and/or compete
online accessibly would be awesome.

Just food for thought, I haven't thought about it enough to know
whether it'd really be doable.