Especially since the genre hasn't even been properly explored in the audio games market. People think that because they can play online RPG's, which I must point out are for the most part designed by sighted people and won't necessarily include all the elements people like in their favorite style of RPG, that there's no point in exploring. But we have up until recently had yet to see a true audio RPG since the one BSC Games was working on had to be shelved due to disagreements with the developer they were working with. That development made me lose if not respect then at least much of my interest in BSC's titles. So I'm glad Jason's not only explored the genre more but given us something playable and I say more power to him and anyone else who might get bitten by the RPG bug. And if a few people don't like it they don't have to play them. Just as long as they leave the rest of us alone. What they don't seem to get is that there's plenty of room in the AG market for all genres to be explored equally, although I do agree with Dark that Space Invaders clones have definitely gotten stale since there's really not a whole lot you can do to spice those up. That can't be said for a lot of the other game genres. So no, I don't believe we should scrap one and focus only on one other.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
----- Original Message ----- From: "William L. Houts" <cad...@q.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The future of Blastbay Studios

I don't think it's more played out than any other game genre. The ideal RPG has yet to be written, I think. If I weren't engaged in the pursuit of writing novels, I would try to fill the gap myself. All you're saying to me is that you're personally sick of RPG's. Well, that's fine, guy, but I think you're in the minority.

--Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike maslo" <mmaslo1...@swbell.net>