Hi Dark,
That is why it is vitally important to use a private team for the early stages of the project and go public once it reaches a certain degree of stability and playability. In the early Alpha stages there may be patches on a daily basis which is too much for everyone on a public team to keep track of, and not everyone out there wants to be downloading and installing patches every single day. My public releases can go weeks and perhaps months between releases because generally what I release to the public is very stable for a test release, and nothing critical other than this DirectX problem has popped up in public testing. Plus if a developer offers a public release it is assumed he/she will provide a reasonable amount of documentation for a beginner to use the software. No matter how much you post this is a test release only some technically challenged computer user will download it, and if the documentation isn't clear or non-existent you'll hear about it. Unfortunately, during testing things change so frequently that it is almost impossible to write the documentation and keep it current. So it is handy to have a small team who understands this and is able to figure things out on his/her own with a bare amount of documentation and explanation from the developer. Generally that is why I pick people with reasonable computer skills so I don't have to write a 100 page technical manual on the game, and update it on a daily basis every time I change something in the code.

Cheers!