Hi,
Not only are copyrights an issue but the cost of litigation  is usually
too expensive to take someone's butt to court for piracy. That's the
main reason why I agreed to discontinue Montezuma's Revenge. By the time
I litigated the copyright issues with Utopia  I'd be thousands of
dollars in the hole. Even if I won the litigation the money spent on
fighting the suit couldn't b recovered through sales  from such a small
minority market. There are ways however of punishing the offending
parties without legal litigation.For example, if you know certain keys
are being used by pirates the developer can black list those keys an an
updated version of the game. Another option is to use some sort of
online registration system that keeps track of the number of times a
certain key has been installed. If it reaches the magic number of
installs it will not register the game.