well doom1 2 at least quake1, duke nukem 1 2 3 3d and maybe others all use the
same keyboard layout.
So they couldn't get us over that nore the weapons, there are always missile
type, several guns and at least one automatic or various types.
There is usually one  big weapon and maybe another one.
there are mines.
true they are  called different names but its basically the same concept.
I have also seen clons and hacks of stuff.
The docs will say its based off something and then give credit to the origional
product and company, some things are recompiles of the same thing or different
things under the same name but the origional stuff is quoted and in that
respect it happens all the time.
I suppose if we blatently used the lagit name weather by accident if one was
already active no matter what it was then there would be a case but we have
loads of leeway as long as we are not obvious about it.