It'd be interesting to see if a game like The Sims could be created, where rather than building a city you create an individual character and try to build a life for that character with house, job and things like that. I remember we bought a Game Cube version of the game for my mom a few years back. It was quite funny since if you didn't do things exactly right the character would get depressed and fall asleep at odd hours of the day and things like that.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:51 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Toc observation

Hi.

The other mod on audiogames.net, -- Cx2, just made an interesting observation about time of conflict which i probably should communicate.

up until a few years ago, he had working eyeballs and was a mainstream gamer, and particularly a fan of stratogy games.

he actually said Toc's map and combat system was very reminiscent of civilization, and would only need research, economy and building of your own cities to be there.

While I'm in no way suggesting david instantly goes off and creates another game, ---- it's interesting that a game type and genre thought to be mpossible in audio has now become possible, and in fact were someone to set about making a civ or sim city type game, Toc has offered a good blueprint as to what features an audio overview should have, ---- the same way the Gma 3D engine (thanks againn to david and phil), has shown how an audio fps view should work, and Jason as shown how to create an audio top down rpg view which switches to combat intermitantly and as Tom is greadually doing for side scrollers.

Also of course, if at some point in the future David did want to simply modify Toc into a civilization or sim city type game with research, technology etc, ---- well I for one wouldn't mind ;D.

Beware the grue!