Wow. If the game did show that, and only that, it would be very boring.

Actually, there are several needs bars, including hunger, bladder,
social, fun, comfort, hygene, energy, and environment.

Since there are many ways to fulfill the different bars at the same
time, plus other goals such as careers, of which there are many
default options, family goals, wants your sims have, ranging from
wanting to eat a certain kind of food to wanting to be abducted by
aliens, plus different options you get with expansion packs, adding
things like opening a business, hobbies, going to college, etc, the
sims, at least sims 2, is much much more complicated than that. Even
the original sims had all the needs bars, careers, family goals, and
such.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard