Hi Thomas,

BGT, or rather I should say AngelScript has pretty good support for oop. It's not something that I particularly care for myself as I strongly prefer procedural programming, though I'll definitely use structs for grouping variables etc as you describe in an earlier post. I do not believe that AngelScript supports structs at this time, though a class with only properties should fill the same function essentially. You do have support for single inheritance, but not for multiple inheritance. This is done through something called interfaces which also needs to be covered in the language tutorial eventually. Another important difference is that AngelScript has no support for protected or private members, all is public. This is not terribly difficult to counter though if good documentation and commented code is given to end users.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT progress

Hi Philip,
Thanks. I'll look for that section. The sooner I can begin giving my
BGT script code a more oobject oriented feel the better. I love my oop
programming.

Cheers!

Hi Thomas,

There is certainly support for classes in BGT. The chapter in the tutorial that you want to look at is called objects and classes. This gives a basic introduction to classes and how to make overloaded constructors, how to make
instances and manipulate members of your own custom classes etc. It does
not, however, cover things such as inheritance. This is something that I
plan to expand on, but the introduction given so far is more than enough to
get a programmer on their way to making games. Unions, however, are not
supported in the script interpreter at this time.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall