Hi Jim,

Of course, we are all talking personal opinions here and I fully respect yours. However I personally feel that when a product is as old as Vb6 and official support has been dropped for quite some time, it would be inadviseable for new programmers to learn it only to discover that they have learnt technology that was at its peak 10 years ago. If, like yourself, one has been using the tool for a considerable time then that is a different story. If you feel that you are comfortable with Vb 6 and want to continue using it despite support having been dropped then that, of course, is entirely your choice. In any case I shall certainly continue to play your games from time to time.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: "Philip Bennefall" <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2010 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

Hi Philip,

I hate to disagree with you, but I do. The run time libraries for VB6 are very small and easy to install. And that then makes VB6 games etc run just fine under all versions of Windows. Heck, who cares if Microsoft no longer supports VB6. I mean what if VB6 was not even a Microsoft product. That doesn't make it bad. I see allot of Microsoft products that people have allot worse time trying to get to run even with huge down loads and installs of the supporting files. And heck I some times still run a program named Cool Edit version 1.53 and that was built for Windows 3.1. But it runs just fine and has some cool features that even the newest version of Gold Wave doesn't have.

But that is just my opinion of VB6. And programming languages like screen readers etc, everyone has their opinion as to which is the best, easiest to use etc.

TGIF and BFN