Hi Philip,
Well, I happen to like where Microsoft is going with .NET, but it does
have its own issues just like anything else. You have to use
obfuscation to protect your code, it is easy enough to run into .NET
version conflicts which isn't cool. Also the Express versions of the
.NET tools don't come with Windows 64 byt target settings which makes
them about useless for someone trying to create professional
applications. To add to that if a person doesn't have the .NET
components they need installed that can be hundreds of MB worth of
dependencies increasing the size of the download/install. So I can't
really blame you for not liking the .NET stuff. Those are my exact
reasons for going back to C++ for all of my personal projects.