Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Battle boomer question

Hi Kevin,
Well, using Visual Basic 6 is a bad idea in my opinion.  As Philip
pointed out Visual Basic 6 has not been updated in quite some time and
was officially dropped in 2007/2008 when Windows Vista came out.
I can understand Jim Kitchen's point of view because he wrote a good
majority of his games in that language and has years of experience
with that language under his belt, but you have no such ties to the
language. As a new developer you should start out fresh with something
current and that is supported by the developer.
Personally, I do believe once BGT 1.0 comes out that will be your best
bet. It is specifically designed for audio games, has a nice scripting
language has all the core game components developed for you, I don't
think you can really lose. That is assuming that audio games is your
only interest here.
If you however want to program other applications then I'd say C# .NET
or Visual Basic .NET would be better suited for you. While I really
love C++ I also know it isn't for everyone, and takes more work and
education to get the most out of it.