Hi thomas.

For me it's the story that matters. The sounds and music can greatly
improve your gaming experience, but a game needs to capture your mind
and imagination to be fun. So you can consider me a 21 year old fart
as well.

I regularly play text based games and many times I choose them over
games with very rich environments and 0 story.

The games that last are those that are the most challenge to your mind
without becoming silly, not the most spectacular. Many online games I
used to love fell into this trap.

So bottom line, people will play what they like, and it turns out
those things people like the longest are the games that are complex
because they are simple, like chess and cards.