Hi Tom, I know what you mean, I'm not sure if you know the game I'm on about, I think it's called "Marrio Car" The sounds are to an extent childish, it's a racing/cartoon game but even with my sister calling out instructions it's too tricky and there's loads of sounds playing at once. She ashures me it takes her all her time to play it with full sight, but I thought all Nontendo would really have to do is what Phillip and you do, give the objects audio voices or sounds, so if it says "Electricity" you could just avoid it. To me it doesn't seem all that hard, but maybe because it isn't a game for the PC it might be. :( ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Future of Audio Games

Hi,
That's true. However, to Nintendo's credit they did put out a few
experimental games for the blind, the Sound Voyager games,  but they
didn't sell well. For one reason they dummed it down , and didn't try
it with one of their major game titles like Donkey Kong, Super Mario,
or something like that.  Once again we are victems of what sighted
people think we could play rather than what we really want or could
play if only it was made accessible. It was part poor marketing
strategy as well as games that weren't that great to begin with.
However, sadly companies like Nintendo can take the results of a
failed attempt like that and state that games for the blind don't do
well. in part they would be right, but they won't look further into
why that product failed. They merely want an excuse to justify their
position, and they really don't care about a blind gaming market to
begin with.