Hi Thomas,
What happens if after drinking a potion she is attacked and her health goes below 0 while the potion is still working? I believe in Dungeons and Dragons you can go below 0 hit points by negative 10 but if below 0 you are unconscious and can not move.
If you hit negative 11 you are dead and only a priest can bring you back.
If a working potion or spell restores you back to 1 health, then you wake up. I think the sound effect of her feeling better should wait until the potion is finished working. To be more realistic, after being poisoned, a lower pitched walking sound will make it seem like she is walking slower due to the poison.

Phil