Hi Dark,
Cool on that user hand book idea, if you need a reader I can volunteer
for that as I'm a beginner at this and know what i don't know and
would like to see, so i can give you my opinion.
As for my sapi5 voice I'm using a scansoft voice, the 22khz jill
english voice, is there a better one or one that pronounces
differently?
On a related topic, I need some technical help. I've tried to switch
to jfw as my speech engine, i'm assuming that went well, but now i
have no speech in the game. I need to get this switched back,
preferably without uninstalling and loosing my game.
Thanks for the info on f1, i'll definitely be using it.
Dave.

On 6/5/10, dark <d...@xgam.org> wrote:
> Hi dave.
>
> Yes, docs need fixing. Hopefully my entombed players hand book will be
> finished soon and then that should clear things up. Unfortunately, Sapi
> pronunciation isn't really up to the game as much as it is up to whatever
> voice you've got installed, and the default microsoft ones you've got
> are, ---- well lets be honest, a pile of poo!
>
> As for unidentified stuff, that is deliberate. You can get them identified
> in the store, or by using an identify scroll, ---- it's a game mechanic not
> a bug.
>
> oh, btw yes, you can just press comma and head back to the up stairs, ---
> bBut F1 will also work as an instant warp, and that's generally a better bet
> if your a good few floors down.
>
> Hth.
>
> Beware the grue!
>
> Dark.