Hi Dark,
Yeah, I know. That's the fundimental problem with any well known
company or organisation. They just assume what a blind person would
want, would need, or figure what a blind person could play and produce
an inferior product holy unaware of what else may be out there being
produced by an independant developer.  As you say it does feel a bit
condisending, and makes me feel like I'm being treated as a child when
APH comes out with what amounts to kiddy games expecting someone like
me to play them. Worse they advertised them like APH was the very
first company to produce fully accessible games for the blind, and we
all know that isn't true.
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I was very disappointed with
Nintendo over their Sound Voyager games. Here it was, seamed like a
mainstream game company was going to take accessible games serious,
and then they put out three games that weren't all that interesting to
play, and then had the nerve to say they didn't sell well.  Apparently
it never occurred to anyone that maybe we wanted something more
complex and well known like Mario, Megaman,  Castlevania, whatever.
Give me accessible versions of the games I played in the 80's and 90's
before I lost my sight and I would have purchased them no problem.
However, don't give us kiddy games and expect us to jump up for jjoy
when it isn't remotely as good as our more complex accessible games.
Ah, well, that's life I suppose. Until people become more informed
about this community, even our own blind agencies, we are going to run
into these rediculous situations where the right hand doesn't know
what the left hand is doing.