I agree totally on the multiplayer aspect, I must confess I havew the same issue.

i would much rather explore a game and it's story and environment alone than try and compete against others, ---- in fact competition isn't as much my thing.

that's why I would rather have a large set of varied missions with different objectives, enemies and stories than just a blast the other guy, type of setup.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 5:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] startrek games

Hi,
Well, to be honest I have never been a real big fan of multiplayer
games of any kind. I've always been something of a loner when it comes
to playing games. That's one reason that feature hasn't yet been added
into the Genesis Engine. Eventually it is likely something I'll add
because it is perhaps one of the most commonly requested features by
the Vi market.
I would imagine  if STFC ever goes multiplayer each player would
select a Federation ship, specific clas, whatever and join forces to
play against the enemy fleets. That way it could be a joint force of
human controlled Federation starships verses several A.I. driven enemy
starships. That way you could help each other destroy the enemy fleets
and carry out the mission objectives together.