Hi Tom.

Personally, I have no problem conceptualizing the x y z access business, however I have difficulties in understanding how that access changes relative to my characters' movement.

While I can get that going up and northeast will cause all coordinates to increase, i find it extremely difficult to plan what sort of thing will happen were I to go down and northeast, or streight down etc.

As I have said though, my own spacial abilities are rather lacking, and I tend to play games like shades much the same way as I navigate in real life, ie, by remembering sets of markers and directions to get where I am going, but with no clear mental map of how any given place relates to another.

as you said though, if the system is examined in beta versions and functions like view commands, have I visited here commands, useful targiting and object recognition are in the game I think even I will find it playable.

Beware the grue!