From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Valiant8086
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:56 PM
To: 'Gamers Discussion list'
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

Hi.
Actually, if the game is written the way I've seen most x y Z coordinate
systems to work, down and southeast would make the numbers go up. Top
northwest corner is 1 1 1. If the room is say 20 feet or 20 units in length
from the north wall to the south wall, and 20 units from the west wall to
the east wall, and 20 feet or units from the ceiling to the floor, in other
words an exactly square cube with all it's sides the same length, the bottom
right corner would be 20 20 20.

I'll try to explain how each coordinate works.

X coordinate:
The first number, or the x coordinate, is north to south. so if you are in
the top northwest corner you're at 1 1 1. If you go straight south you'll go
2 1 1, 3 1 1, blahblah.

Y coordinate:
The second coordinate number is the Y coordinate. X was the first one, y is
the second one. Y means west to east. The lower the Y coordinate the further
west you are. If you start 3 units south of the top northwest corner where
we finished off when we were talking about x, you would change the second
number to be larger, 3 1 1, 3 2 1, 3 3 1, 3 4 1, blahblah.:

Z coordinate:
The final number in a 3d coordinate system is the z coordinate. Remember x
is the first number and means north to south. Y is the second number and
means west to east. Z is the last number of the 3 and it means top to
bottom. If z is 11 that explains you are as close to the top as you can get.
If you go down you increase the z coordinate number. Starting with 3 4 1
where we left off with the y coordinate, if we went straight down we would
go 3 4 1, 3 4 2, 3 4 3, 3 4 4, 3 4 5 blahblah.

Now let's imagine we know we want to go to 6 6 6. Well we will start with x.
Our x is 3, it needs to be 6. We know that the further south you go on the x
axes the greater the x coordinate. Since 6 is greater than 3 we can figure
we have to go south. 3 4 5, 4 4 5, 5 4 5, 6 4 5.

Now the Y coordinate isn't 6 either. We need to move that too. Since Y is
west to east, we have to go either west or east to get the second coordinate
where we need it. Since we know the further west you go the smaller the Y
coordinate, and since we know 4 is less than 6, we want to actually go east,
6 4 5, 6 5 5, 6 6 5.

Now we're are either too high or two low since the z coordinate doesn't
match either. Ours is 5, we need 6. Since the higher you go the lower the z
coordinate, we can figure the lower we go the greater the z coordinate. ^ is
greater than 5 right? So we need to go down. 6 6 5, 6 6 6. Bingo.

That might help out a little bit.

Holy smokes. I did a spell check on this when I got finished and there
wasn't a single spelling mistake that I didn't make on purpose and the one
that outlook didn't like was blahblah.