It's the same difference as going north to south, east to west, top to bottom. To me, saying that they are the same does not make sense. Left is not right, up is not down, back is not forward.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicol" <nicoljaco...@telkomsa.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

HI Tom
I also battle to understand coordinates.
What's the difference between the line running from left to right and the
line running from front to back?
Isn't the two  the same?
If I have a line from left to right and a line from top to bottom, it makes
a cross.
But how does a line from front to back looks like?